The National Recruitment Federation held the 10th annual awards last Friday night and the recruitment industry came out in force to celebrate its stars of the year gone by. With 350 people from the recruitment industry filling “The Great Room” in the Shelbourne Hotel Dublin there was not a spare seat in the house. The awards were judged by an independent panel that had a very hard job this year with entries up 30 % on previous year. They were, Janice O Rourke, of Hewlett Packard, Anita Holbrow of the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK, Ziva Newman of DCU, Brendan McGinty of Stratify, David Head of Recruitment international and Brian O’Hoisin of Career Zoo
Brightwater scooped the Best Agency of the year award for agencies employing more than 30 staff. Excel Recruitment took the Best Agency of the year award for less than 12-30 staff and Hero Recruitment took the Best Agency for under 12 staff. Best New Agency went to Sanderson. The gala ceremony was presented by the fantastic Gavin Duffy of Dragons Den fame who had the audience in stitches from very early on in the night.
Brightwater and Hero Recruitment both got off to winning starts with Brightwater taking the “Best Agency Online Award” and Hero taking “Best in Practice” Pharmaceutical, Engineering and Science. It was also a double celebration for CAE Parc Aviation who reigned supreme beating off stiff competition for ‘Best in a Specialism’ and Eoin Field got awarded one of the top graduate’s awards. Computer Futures took the Best in Practice IT, Telecoms & Technical and ISM Recruitment scooped the “Best in Practice” Light Industrial, Warehousing & Logistics.
Permanent Recruitment Consultant of the year went to Suzanne Fowler from Accountancy Solutions and Lauren Redmond from CPL clinched the Temporary Recruitment Consultant award. CPL also took “Best in Practice” Office & Secretarial and had a top graduate award in Cora Smith. Recruiters took the “Best in Practice” Sales & Marketing and TTM clinched the “Best in Practice Healthcare” in a very tight category. Once again The Noel Group took the “Best in Practice” Hospitality & Events award making this an 8th time
Marks Sattin took the Accountancy and Finance category and no strangers to the podium Sigmar took the Corporate Social Responsibility award also got awarded 3 top graduate accolades to Eoghan McDermott, Heather Fahy, and Clare Kelly. Thornshaw’s Saoirse Raleigh completed the line up for a top graduate award.
Chief Executive of NRF Geraldine King presented Ken Belshaw from Grafton Recruitment with the first ever NRF Lifetime Achievement Award.
FULL WINNING LINE-UP AS FOLLOWS:
- BEST AGENCY ONLINE SERVICE – Brightwater
- PERMANENT RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR – SUZANNE FOWLER- ACCOUNTANCY SOLUTIONS
- TEMPORARY RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT OF THE YEAR- LAUREN REDMOND- CPL
- BEST IN PRACTICE – HEALTHCARE – TTM HEALTHCARE
- BEST IN PRACTICE – ACCOUNTING & FINANCE – MARKS SATTIN
- BEST IN PRACTICE – OFFICE & SECRETARIAL – CPL
- BEST IN PRACTICE – IT /TELECOMS & TECHNICAL – COMPUTURE FUTURES
- BEST IN PRACTICE- HOSPITALITY 7 EVENTS- THE NOEL GROUP
- BEST IN PRACTICE – CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY – SIGMAR
- BEST IN PRATICE – WAREHOUSING/ LOGISTICES/LIGHT INDUSTRIAL – ISM RECRUITMENT
- BEST IN PRACTICE- SALES & MARKETING – RECRUITERS
- BEST IN PRACTICE – PHARMACEUTICAL/ ENGINEERING & SCIENCE – HERO RECRUITMENT
- BEST SPECIALIST AGENCY- CAE PARC AVIATION
- BEST NEW AGENCY – SANDERSON
- AGENCY OF THE YEAR (1-12 staff)- HERO RECRUITMENT
- AGENCY OF THE YEAR –( 13- 30 staff) – EXCEL RECRUITMENT
- AGENCY OF THE YEAR – (30 staff or more) – BRIGHTWATER
- NRF Cert RP Graduates of the year – Eoghan McDermott, Heather Fahy and Clare Kelly from Sigmar, Eoin Field from CAE Parc Aviation, Saoirse Raleigh from Thornshaw and Cora Smith from CPL.
NRF President Mr. Frank Farrelly commented “It was another fantastic celebration of our industry and how far we have come in the past 10 years. The Celebrations went well into the early hours with the Fabulous 5th Avenue Party Band providing the music.
For further information please contact:
Irish Independent, Published Friday 9th December 2016